The first car to be owned in this community (Joe Burleson Township) was owned by Dr. McKay in about 1918. It was shipped in by railroad. This was a two seated, touring Ford car. Then sometime later Wallie Burleson and Charlie Pierce also bought one.
Reprinted with permission from Treasured Memories of a Beautiful Place in the North Arkansas Ozark Hills by Floyd Burleson, copyright 1989.